Thursday 22 April 2010

Still snowing ...

Well, not only was there a brief flurry of snow here in Fife yesterday, but the forecast for the Highlands also promised snow accumulating from 300 metres upward in the West Highlands. Ben Nevis, of course, is over 1000 metres high, which means that a fair bit of this run is likely to be through snow. I am starting to think much more seriously that this might turn into an adventure run in full climbing gear. That is going to make it even tougher ...

I didn't quite manage my planned cycle and run tonight, having had to take care of some other matters. That may have proved to be a blessing in disguise, though. I just did a brief 5k run, which was a good opportunity to see how my calf is holding up, especially with my new arch moulds. I felt pretty comfortable running, and very relaxed (moreso than has been the case since I started to run again). Still a slight niggle in that leg, though, and it feels quite stiff now; hopefully it will have settled down by the 10th May.

Check out the links above for details about the Project and how to donate to it. It seems there was a problem with one of the links, but it should be fixed now.

No comments:

Post a Comment