Tuesday 13 April 2010

Ouch Part 2

Well, today was a running session. I had planned to do about 10k, but after the first 5k lap of a fairly hilly route that runs around the village, that dodgy muscle in my left calf started hurting again. It's a bit of a concern: I had thought it had settled down and was just a symptom of my return to running, but the recurrence of it tonight suggests a longer term problem. I'm going to try some different insoles next time, to see if it is just a mechanical issue. I'll need to let it rest for a few days before I run again, though. At least I can keep cycling in the meantime, as that will probably help to stretch it off.

Oh, and on the cycling front, here is a gradient profile of the Bealach. The incline at the end kicks up to 21.9%, which will more than justify a fudge doughnut for breakfast that morning.

All this week there will be also be spin bikes set-up at various locations around the uni. The idea is that the cumulative mileage done on the bikes will equal the distance of a Lands-End to John O'Groats cycle. If you are in St Andrews, keep an eye out for us. I'll be doing an hour tomorrow morning outside the Union. You can either put some money into the buckets or give online, using the link at the top of this page.

If you are visiting the blog for the first time, please click on those links to find out more about Project Zambia. Read more of the entries below for information on what I am doing to help raise funds.

No comments:

Post a Comment