Monday 12 April 2010

Pounds

The good weather continues, but with the routine of teaching (and all that goes with it) starting up again, training times are getting pushed much more into the evenings.

Today was good: a 40k route out to Crail and back. The outward leg was against a surprisingly stiff breeze and the return leg up a general climb, but I managed a decent 30 kmph (decent when you're on your own, with no drafting possibilities, apart from the lorry that passed me and then immediately pulled across my path to turn into a driveway).

I've let my weight creep up by a couple of pounds over the last week, though, having been less cautious in my eating patterns. That's something I need to be wary of: I don't want to squander the power I've built up over the last few months by having some extra luggage to drag up the Bealach. So some more careful eating over the next few days in an effort to keep the chub at bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment