Monday 19 April 2010

Big thanks to Murdo Murchison

A huge word of thanks is due to Murdo Murchison, who made a substantial donation to Project Zambia today. Murdo is a friend of mine, a car dealer based in Doune near Stirling, and I'm grateful for his contribution, in honour of which I am going to try and get a logo printed on one of my cycling tops (actually, just so that I can zip it up as I cross the line and look like a sponsored rider!)

Light training today: with the Sports Centre mobbed tonight, I opted for running instead. The calf problem is still niggling me a bit, but hopefully the arch moulds I have just ordered will take care of that. In terms of my fitness, I am starting to feel stronger running, with my flat pace sitting nicely around 8.5 - 9 mph and my 12% incline pace around 5.5 - 6 mph. Once I push up to 15% incline, I drop back to about 5mph, but that should be plenty for coping with Nevis. I think the ascent will push up significantly beyond 15% at points, but I can drop back to something more sustainable at that level. I just need to get used to sustaining the pace over a steep incline for an hour and a half! My only concern is this ongoing calf problem, which makes steep climbing difficult. Hopefully, though, the arch moulds and maybe another physio session will take care of these problems.

So, just a brief 40 minutes of running

No comments:

Post a Comment