Tuesday 20 April 2010

Spinning and Snowing

This photo, which I came across on this climbers' blog suggests that I might need to run Nevis in full climbing gear. Now, I'm not going up by that route, but the blog notes that snow fell to about 600 metres two nights ago, which would make even my path difficult.

Gulp.

The Bealach cycle should be fine, though. Training was mainly oriented towards that today, with an hour on the spin bike pushing 360 watts, followed by about ten minutes of hard climbing and sprinting work. My heart seemed reluctant to get above 192 bpm, but I felt pretty strong in any case. It was about 1,200 calories worth of work. I spent a while stretching the calf muscle, following it with 10 minutes on the wobble board. Tomorrow is my first trip to the pool for a few weeks.

Remember, all this hard work is for Project Zambia, an innovative scheme taking students out to Zambia to engage in HIV/AIDS awareness education, primarily through sport. They have already raised about £8,500, but that means we are only about a third of the way to the total. Click on the links at the top of the page to sponsor the Project Zambia team.

No comments:

Post a Comment