Friday 16 April 2010

Going the distance

Congratulations to all in the team for Project Zambia, for cycling the length of the U.K. without leaving the U.K.! I chipped in with an hour on Wednesday and about 35 minutes today. Between the two slots, I did around 47 miles, which leaves an awful lot of miles covered by those on the Project Zambia team. A lot of money has come in this week, too, so thanks to everyone who has given.

On the training front, I did about 35-40 minutes on the spin bike in St Mary's today, covering 17 miles, before jumping on the bike and doing a 70 km road route. Tough cycling today, actually: there was quite a fierce headwind on the outward leg (not the 6mph that was forecast), and my average speed by the time I got to the top of the Lomond climb was down around 23 kmph, I managed to pull it back to 25.5 kmph after the return leg, though, which I was quite smug about, given the amount of climbing I had to do on the way back.

So, three hours of training today, and about 2, 600 calories burned. Sponsor me per calorie!

Big thanks to Allan Gartshore for arranging physio for my calf problem, by the way, and to Lyndsay the physio for getting that nasty muscle loosened off. I'm going to try to run it tomorrow: hopefully it will hold up a bit better now.

No comments:

Post a Comment