Saturday 10 April 2010

On the road

With beautiful weather today, I managed to get out for a decent cycle, even getting away with wearing shorts rather than leggings for the first time this year.

I managed a decent pace, given that I did a pretty hilly 50 mile route, including the Lomond climb at Falkland, which is one of the better climbs in Fife. An average of about 26 kmph is okay for all that.

Still not convinced about the SRAM gearing on the bike, though. It might be that it needs a bit of tuning: the bike came with a 12-28 cassette on the back, which is not what was advertised, and I wonder of the rear mech has been properly set up for it. Certainly, the 28 sprocket is catching the edge of the the mech cage when upshifting on the 50 chainring. I'll pop it into Spokes on Monday.

Otherwise, little to report.

No comments:

Post a Comment